I. General Regulations
1. Name of the association: Hungarian Ecological Society
2. Place of the activity of the association: Hungary
3. Address of the association: Közép fasor 52, 6726 Szeged, Hungary
4. Home page address of the association: http://www.ecology.hu
5. Stamp of the association: round rubber stamp and long seal with the following inscription "Magyar Ökológusok Tudományos Egyesülete, Hungarian Ecological Society"
6. Logo of the association:
7. The Hungarian Ecological Society is a legal entity.
II. Aims and purposes of the association
1. The Hungarian Ecological Society is a non-profit organisation which aims at bringing together the Hungarian ecologists, who go in for science and offer advisory work according to strict scientific and ethical expectations.
2. The association interprets the concept of ecology as a biological science to study the reasons and background mechanisms of supraindividual organisations, according to the standpoint of the Ecological Council of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
3. Main aims of the association are:
- to promote and organise the basic and applied scientific work of Hungarian scientists involved in the field of ecology, henceforth ecologists;
- to provide a forum for the Hungarian ecologists to state their scientific results and to promote effective exchange of information and experiences;
- to cultivate national and international relations;
- to safeguard the interests of its members and those of the science of ecology within the range of possibilities of the association;
- to popularize the knowledge and scientific results of the science of ecology;
- to protect nature.
The association carries out the following non-profit activities according to item c) of Article 26 of Law CLVI of 1997 on non-profit organizations (Ksztv.):
- (3) scientific work and research;
- (4) education and training, development of abilities, popularization of science;
- (8) nature protection, animal protection;
- (9) environmental protection.
The association does not exclude that others than the members of the association can use its non-profit services (according to item a) of paragraph (1) of Article 4 of Ksztv.).
III. Membership of the association
Any Hungarian private individual who has a higher education degree, is involved in the field of ecology and fulfils the conditions of membership, can become the member of the Hungarian Ecological Society.
1. Founding members are members of the association.
2. The admission of new members requires:
- admission statement;
- recommendation of two founding members or others who have been members for at least one year;
- copy of the higher education diploma;
- documentation of scientific experience;
- acceptance of the Statutes of the association;
- payment of the membership fee.
3. The person of the recommender and the text of his/her recommendation are open to the members. The recommenders bear ethical responsibility for the recommended person.
4. The admission of new members is approved by the Council.
1. Membership rights
- participate in the corporate work of the association in accordance with the principles of the Statutes;
- pose suggestions to any organ of the association;
- utilise financial means of the association in accordance with the conditions of the statutes;
- recommend the admission of new members if they have been members for more than one year;
- be appointed to any position of the association;
- have one vote;
- refer to his/her membership in applications and requests;
- carry out advisory work in the name of the association and justified by the Council.
2. Membership obligations
- representation of the aims and increasing the prestige of the association by following the Statutes and the spirit of the association;
- completion of the work undertaken in the association according to his/her best knowledge;
- regular payment of the membership fee.
1. The amount of the membership fee is fixed annually by the Assembly based on the recommendations of the Council.
2. The membership fee of the current year is due by the 1st of January. Days of grace are available until the 31st of March. After this date the unpaid fees will be considered as arrears of the calendar year and will be subject to a 50% increase.
IV. Organisational structure of the association
The main organ of the association is the Assembly.
1. At the Assembly the members promote their own interests.
2. The Assembly has the right to make a decision in any issue of the association.
3. The exclusive authorities of the Assembly are as follows:
- the acceptance and revision of the Statutes;
- the determination of the working order of the association;
- the election and dismissal of the Council;
- the election of the nominating committee;
- the acceptance of the annual budget and schedule of the association;
- the fixing of the membership fee;
- the decision upon the unification of the association with another organisation, or the dissolution of the association;
- the decisions upon membership applications, cancellations and upon appeals against exclusion.
4. The Council is to bring decision in any other issues that do not fall within the authorities of the Assembly.
5. The Assembly is to elect the Council for a three-year period.
6. The members have the right of discussion and voting at the Assembly.
7. The Assembly must be called together at least once a year. Furthermore it must also be called together within 30 days upon the decision of the Council, or upon the written request of at least one-third of the members, indicating the purpose of their application.
8. The members must be informed in writing at least 15 days in advance about the place and the date of the assembly as well as about the items of the agenda. The text of the invitation must be published on the home page of the association - www.ecology.hu – at least 15 days before the assembly. The assembly of the association is open to public.
The Council is elected by the Assembly for a three-year period. Between two meetings of the Assembly the Council is to ensure that the association performs its tasks and handles its activities. At the statutory meeting a provisional council must be elected which consists of a president, a secretary and a treasurer. The term of the provisional council lasts until the next meeting of the Assembly.
1. The Council consists of seven members: the president, two vice-presidents, the secretary, the treasurer and two elected members.
2. The person who held a leading position at a non-profit organisation - for a year at least two years before its dissolution - that has not met its public dues according to the law on taxation cannot be a member of the Council.
The member of the Council and the person nominated as a member is obliged to inform in advance every involved non-profit organisation that he/she has a position at another non-profit organisation at the same time (paragraphs (1) and (2) of Article 9 of Ksztv.).
3. The Council holds a meeting as many times as necessary, but at least once a year between two Assembly meetings.
4. The Council constitutes a quorum if at least four of its members are present. Decisions are taken by simple majority.
The president and the vice-presidents of the association
1. The president of the association:
- has the right to represent the association in front of state organs, public and social agencies as well as in front of a third party, and has the faculty to sign;
- prepares meetings of the Council and calls together the Council and presides over it;
- takes care of the implementation of the decisions of the Council;
- presides over the meetings of the Assembly.
2. The vice-presidents of the association
- act as deputy for the president in his/her absence on behalf of the president;
- are the former president and the elected future president of the association.
Authorities of the secretary are as follows:
- organisation of the Assembly and Council meetings;
- implementation and observance of decisions of the Council;
- preparation of the annual budget in co-operation with the Council;
- admission and registration of members;
- handling of documents.